Seasonal allergy relief is a congested category that's dominated by pills. Allergy sufferers often stick with medication they've always used--even if it doesn't help much--because they're afraid to try something new.
When Flonase launched their over-the-counter nasal spray, we inspired allergy sufferers to try something different by featuring real-life success stories.
Just before spring allergy season, we launched â€œBe greater than your allergies.â€
Using data-driven consumer insights, we created a library of content that addressed allergy sufferersâ€™ most pressing concerns. We shared tips, allergy forecasts, â€˜sneeze facts,â€™ and interviews with scientists on Tumblr, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
We also enlisted six professional photographers and life-long allergy sufferers, to visualize daily life without symptoms. For 24 hours, the photographers shared photos and video diaries in which theyâ€™re breathing clearly amidst pollen-filled hayfields, trails, tree blossoms, and dandelion patches.
- Instagram campaign achieved 36 million impressions and 108 million likes
- YouTube takeover generated 155 million impressions and 1 million video views
- #BEGREATER24 trended on Twitterâ€”first ever for a pharma brand
- Flonase became the #1 allergy remedy in Amazon pre-orders
- Post-launch, Flonase hit #1 and #2 in SKU sales and commanded over a 10% market share
- Most successful product launch in history of parent company GSK